- R3599 for individuals. Group prices can be arranged.
- 50% deposit is required.
- If you would like to stay on a bit longer, we consult at R850/hr.
INVEST IN YOUR SUCCESS. This is a hands-on workshop, so we work with you as you experience first hand how to grow oyster mushrooms. This is not a classroom mushroom course. It is the practical side of growing mushrooms with the theory. This is a hands-on, one-on-one workshop tailor made to your unique goals and requirements.
- Suitable substrates and sustainability
- Pasteurization vs sterilization and lime soak
- Mushroom seed/spawn handling
- Making a mushroom growing bag (take home with you)
- The need for cleanliness
- Practical growing conditions
- Mushroom growth stages, harvesting, storage and packaging
- Sales and marketing
- Includes a Rookie ‘roomer kit.
- Suitable for individuals or groups of up to 4 people (max).
- Workshops are held on either a Tuesday or Thursday morning from 9 am – 12pm.
- Workshop is held on our plot in the Merrivale Smallholdings (Howick) – directions are on Google Maps.
- Booking is essential: 2-3 weeks in advance.