INVEST IN YOUR SUCCESS. This is a hands-on workshop, so we work with you as you experience first hand how to grow oyster mushrooms. This is not a classroom mushroom course. It is the practical side of growing mushrooms with the theory.
- Suitable substrates and sustainability
- Pasteurization vs sterilization and lime soak
- Mushroom seed/spawn handling
- Making a mushroom growing bag (take home with you)
- The need for cleanliness
- Practical growing conditions
- Mushroom growth stages, harvesting, storage and packaging
- Sales and marketing
- Includes a Rookie ‘roomer kit.
- Suitable for individuals or groups.
- Workshops are held on a Saturday morning from 9 am – 12pm.
- Workshop is held on our plot in the Merrivale Smallholdings (Howick) – directions are on Google Maps, MushrushZA.
- Booking is essential