- Suitable substrates and sustainability
- Substrate preparation – pasteurization/sterilization/lime soak.
- Mushroom seed/spawn handling
- Making a mushroom growing bag (take home with you)
- The need for cleanliness
- Practical growing conditions
- Mushroom growth stages, harvesting, storage and packaging
- Sales and marketing
- Includes a Rookie ‘roomer kit.
- Suitable for individuals or groups of up to 4 people (max).
- You get to see how we grow mushrooms and we share tips and tricks we have developed over our 10 years of growing mushrooms.
- It is a hands-on workshop, so we work with you as you experience firsthand how to grow oyster mushrooms. This is not a classroom mushroom course. It is the practical side of growing mushrooms with the theory.
- Workshops are held on either a Tuesday or Thursday morning from 9 am -12 pm.
- Workshop is held on our plot in the Merrivale Smallholdings (Howick) – directions are on Google Maps.
- Booking is essential – 2-3 weeks in advance.
- The cost is R1950 for individuals. Group prices can be arranged.
- 50% deposit is required.
- If you would like to stay on a bit longer, we consult at R650/hr.
Mushrush is well equipped to give you valuable guidance/mentor-ship on growing oyster or shiitake mushrooms. We believe that the exotic mushroom market is developing every day!
We look forward to seeing you 🙂
MUSHROOM WORKSHOP – OYSTER MUSHROOMS