We produce spawn (spores/seed) and cultures (live mycelium) of 17 different types of mushrooms. All of which are classified as Superfoods
We’re passionate about motivating as many people as possible to grow mushrooms and adopt a healthy and sustainable way of living.
We offer a lot of help on how to grow mushrooms. Here is a breakdown of what is covered in the GROWING menu…
- Exotic and gourmet mushrooms explained.
- What you need to consider and research, now that you want to grow your own or farm mushrooms in South Africa.
- Cultures, Spawn and Substrate terminology explained.
- Matching mushrooms with substrates
- How and where to buy spawn.
- Why quality is important.
- How to store spawn.
- Our Mushrush recommendations for substrates.
- We explain how much spawn to substrate (spawn and substrate mix ratios) you will need to grow exotic or gourmet mushrooms.
- Questions are answered about mushroom cultures , mushroom spawn and mushroom fruit.
- Images of the mushroom growing process.
- Basic mushroom terminology.
- What the difference is between a mushroom Starter Kit and ready-to-fruit Grow Log
- How to make a mushroom grow kit or grow log.
- Basic help on growing shiitake.
- Images of shiitake.
- Step-by-step images
- Oyster growing conditions
Rookie ‘Roomer Mushroom Grow KitR1,150.00
Gourmet ‘Roomer Mushroom Grow KitR1,790.00
Pink Oyster Mushroom Spawn – 2kgR185.00
King Oyster Mushroom Spawn – 2kgR185.00
Red Reishi Full Spectrum Extract 500mg: 50ml – 500mlR375.00 – R3,250.00
Reishi: Dried and Chopped – 1kgR1,495.00
Sterile Plastic Petri Dish – 10 UnitsR35.00
Parafilm Roll – 1mR35.00