Truffles land suitability climatic requirements
Most provinces in South Africa have land and climatic requirements suitable for growing truffles.
- The Natal Midlands (e.g. Nottingham Road, Estcourt, Dargle, Winterton, Balgowan, Underberg, Himeville, Kokstad, …)
- The Orange Free State (e.g. Clarens, Ficksburg, Frankfort…)
- Parts of the Western Province (Plettenberg Bay, e.g. Wine growing areas)
- Parts of the Eastern Cape (e.g. Hogsback…)
- Mpumalanga (e.g. Sabie, Rhenosterhoek…)
- Areas that meet the land suitability and climatic requirements
You are welcome to send us your GPS co-ordinates or your location on Google Maps, and we will be able to assist you with info for your area.
We recommend you take advantage of Mushrush ‘site visit’ service. Please contact us for our price rate. We can also take soil samples for you.
On buying trees from Mushrush, this initial site visit cost and soil sample taking cost is deducted from your tree purchase.
Trees are sold in trays of 40 trees/tray. Call Neil with any questions – 0822944787
Here at our MUSHRUSH HOME in the Natal Midlands, we are uber delighted, to announce that the first ever ‘Black Diamond’ truffle mushroom found in SOUTH AFRICA has been confirmed. For those intrepid truffle entrepreneurs who have been following the Mushrush truffle journey, we are so pleased with this fantastic breaking news. Tuber melanosporum grown in South Africa! Naturally this gives a profound and distinct advantage to those who have already started their truffle plantations (truffieres) and we are so excited for them and of course for our own part of a family truffiere in Nottingham Road, Natal Midlands.